Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/27/13: Farmer's Market, More Complex Peanut Sauce, Talking About Everything

1.  It was a sunny, comfortable morning, perfect for a walk to the Farmer's Market to pick up some  juicy peaches, crisp spinach, meaty tomatoes, and sweet cucumbers. 

2.  I found a peanut sauce recipe that called for hot sauce, coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic to go with the peanut butter and some water.  I didn't have lime and cilantro on hand, but I made the sauce anyway.  The Deke loves it, I'm happy with it,  and we are both eager to taste it when those last two ingredients are blended in. 

3.  It was a great hour and a half at Brails Espresso with Jeff, Michael, and MB as we talked about just about everything from teaching to money to movies to guitars to social matters to, well, to just about everything.  I can't believe how much we discuss as the high tide of our conversation builds.

No comments: