Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 08/13/13: Woman Making Glass, Brill Crawford Bay Cafe, Slow New York Steak

1.  I sure liked riding the ferry from Balfour to Kootenay Bay and once we got to Crawford Bay I enjoyed the glassmaking woman the most, especially for taking pictures.

2.  I had a fine spanikopita at the Black Salt Cafe with a mint split pea soup on the side and a refreshing glass of Pinot Gris.  I really like good servers at eateries and the woman who helped us a Black Salt was not just friendly, but funny and was ready with some sound advice about our dinner.  I'd like to add that I also liked our server at Jackson Hole's the night before in Nelson.

3.  After a nice soak at Ainsworth Hot Springs, we made our way back to Nelson and had dinner at Louie's Steak House.  The serving staff was overwhelmed and was working from behind (and slowly) all evening.....BUT, my New York Peppercorn Steak is one of the best I've ever had.  The vegetables on the side, grilled asparagus, a small chunk of corn on the cob, and a bit of carrot were perfectly prepared, as was the baked potato. The bite I took of Carol's chocolate torte was divine.  It took a long time to come, but, in the end, the wait was rewarded by damn good food.  

No comments: