Friday, October 6, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 10/05/17: Patrick's in Town, Relatives Arrive, Tech Check

1. The Deke and I vaulted into the Sube and raced to Spokane International Airport and when we arrived, lo and behold, there was Patrick standing under the Alaska Airlines sign. He hopped in the car and we descended into Spokane for lunch at Iron Goat Brewing. I felt like I was in Maryland again as I sipped my Back East IPA and I was very happy with my sweet potato curry served with brown rice.

2. Patrick bought a jacket at Kohl's near Sullivan Road and we blasted back to Kellogg where the Baugh contingent of relatives started to stream in. Lura and Lyle had arrived and before long Devon, Jaycey, Judy, Angie, Cyndi, and Dean arrived, then Paul and Zoe, and, later, so did Derek and Cathy. The Deke and I served Costco lasagne and Christy brought over a chopped salad and an olive tray and we had some tomatoes fresh out of Christy's garden.  We aren't quite moved into our house, but no one seemed to mind as the place was abuzz with stories and memories of Mom.

3. I went over to the church to join Paul and Zoe as they got the tech side of things ready for Friday's service. I feel comfortable with my microphone and was happy to see that things were working out with other tech details. The Deke came over and to get a feel for the room and decided to use Paul's guitar for the song she'll sing. It looks like we are in pretty good shape -- the goal with tech is always the same: no one notices it's being used because everything goes right. I am hopeful that the no one will be even thinking about the church's tech system Friday morning.

No comments: