Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 10/09/17: Monday Sabbath, More Reading, Committal Preparations

1.  I started today thinking I'd get to work on legal and house business matters. Then I reversed myself. I mostly rested and slept all day.

2. Each time I went into the back bedroom to lie down, I read more of Facing Ali: 15 Fighters and learned more about boxers like Joe Frazier, Henry Cooper, George Chuvalo, Brian London, and others. For each, their fight (or fights) with Ali had a sizeable and mostly positive impact on their lives, although other aspects of George Chuvalo's life are terribly grievous and Joe Frazier's experience with Ali deeply embittered him.

3. Tuesday morning, Christy, Carol, the Deke, Everett, Paul, and I will go to the Greenwood Cemetery overlooking Kellogg and pray over Mom's ashes and Dad's casket, consecrate the grave site, read from Scripture, enjoy a hymn ("The Old Rugged Cross"), and say our last farewell to Mom as she is committed to her final resting place. The one productive thing I did today was get the readings, prayers, and short grave site service in order and make sure it all was acceptable to Carol and Christy.

No comments: