Monday, October 9, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 10/08/17: Rest and Sleep, Up to Wallace, The Airport and Wings

1. After saying farewell to Lura, Lyle, Cathy, and Derek, I loved resting and sleeping in the early part of the day. It all hit me today: the sorting, packing, and hauling in Maryland; the drive across the USA; the sorting, packing, and hauling once back in Kellogg; preparing for Mom's service with Christy and Carol and putting it on; the excitement and joy of spending time with the many visitors we've had since moving to Kellogg. I read about the Chuck Wepner/Muhammad Ali fight in the book Facing Ali: 15 Fighters.

2. I was rested and refreshed when the Deke and Patrick and I piled into the Sube and struck out on
I-90 and headed to downtown Wallace, Idaho. The Deke was looking for a silver ring, I was looking for a tasty beer. Patrick was looking for the center of the universe. We all succeeded.  I especially enjoyed my 5 oz pour of Wallace Brewing's Strong Ale. You can see a picture of Patrick both being and standing at the Center of the Universe below.  I have no photographic evidence of the Deke's new ring.

3.  We continued our tour of the Silver Valley with a beer and some food at Radio Brewing. The Deke had figured out a different knitting technique and Paige was very interested in having the Deke explain and demonstrate it. I'm not bilingual.  I don't speak knitting. I cannot tell you what the new technique is. Then it was off to Spokane to drop Patrick off at the airport and bid him farewell -- I hope not for long. The Deke and I got back to Kellogg in good time and we decided to crack open one of our precious cans of The Wings of Armageddon Imperial IPA that we brought with us from DC Brau in the Capital of America and split it. In the best sense possible, this beer wrecked me with love and nostalgia and helped ready me for a full night's sleep.

Here's the Deke's picture of Patrick in Wallace:


No comments: