Thursday, March 1, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 02/28/18: More Writing Done, Back to Remodeling, Steak Dinner

1. I got more Sibling Assignment writing completed today as I looked back at the different chili feeds, oyster stew feeds, and other feeds that happened in Kellogg when I was growing up and how Dad hated these feeds even though they, to me, epitomize Silver Valley friendliness, boisterousness, and generosity, all primary traits of Dad's personality. I also created and wrote about a playlist of songs that trigger memories of living in Greenbelt, MD. Before too long, my sisters and I will be done with these assignments and we will all post them at the same time.

2. We aren't quite done with remodeling projects in our house. The Deke and I decided today that we'd like to improve the bathroom and make some changes in the two bedrooms. I think these projects will get underway in April.

3. The other day at Yoke's I spotted a couple of small sirloin steaks marked down. They each weighed under eight ounces, just the right size for the Deke and me. Tonight, I simply salted, peppered, and garlic powdered the steaks and fried them on the center grill of our gas range. Meanwhile, the Deke roasted carrots and Brussel sprouts and she made a delicious cabbage salad. It was a simple and superb meal -- the meat was savory and peppery, the vegetables added sweetness to our meal, and the oil and vinegar of the cabbage and radish salad provided an acidy compliment to the whole dinner.

No comments: