Thursday, March 8, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 03/07/18: Workout, Mom's Taxes, Beets and Chard and Salmon

1.  I had a good workout today at the Wellness Center. The days I lift weights with my arms and shoulders are always the most difficult, but I stuck with it and felt better for it when I finished.

2. I took my first dive into Mom's taxes, making sure I understand now to fill out her returns as the executor of her estate. I'll take my time and read more about this as I need to. I'm hoping the time isn't too far away when my sisters and I can close Mom's estate and, if I have them, I can get questions answered at that time.

3.  The Deke and I have all but quit eating out for dinner, especially since we've had a kitchen now for a couple of months. Tonight the Deke cooked a combination of chard and beet greens along with the beets and we finished the cabbage salad from the night before. I divided a half pound of salmon in half and cooked it on the grill of our gas range in butter, seasoning it with Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Using the Old Bay was an experiment and I'd like to try it on salmon again before I decide how much I like seasoning salmon this way.

No comments: