Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 07/02/18: Her Nurse Visits Christy, Uplifted by Vaughn Williams, Cool Weather

1. Christy's home care nurse visited her this morning and they decided it was not the right time to reduce her pain medication and this helped Christy a lot. She got in two good sessions of exercise and felt like she could expect to sleep better. Her friend Chris visited and brought dinner over this afternoon and Teresa visited her a little later. So, a day that started out uncomfortably got better as it progressed and when I went home this evening after helping Christy with ice machine therapy, she was in pretty good shape. I have every reason to believe that when Rusty, the physical therapist, comes to Christy's house on Tuesday, that he will be happy that Christy has exercised regularly and successfully.

2. I am making progress on my project transferring files and folders from one external drive to another and being able to do this tedious project in our new front room where I can listen to music while I work away makes it much more enjoyable. I had a particularly uplifting session this afternoon listening to Pandora's Ralph Vaughn Williams station.

3. I see that a scorcher is forecast for Thursday this week. When it arrives, it will bring to an end a long string of cool days here in Kellogg and these moderate temperatures have been a godsend for Christy and Everett's many gardens and containers of plants, for Christy's comfort in recovering, and for the Deke's and my comfort at home. We get reports from D.C. and New York about conditions there and, good grief, it's just terribly hot and humid.

No comments: