Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 07/16/18: Christy's Trying Day, Lazy Day, Daydreaming

1. Christy had had a restless night with recurrent pain. This hadn't happened for a while. Her pain level improved during the day and, in the afternoon, Christy was able to exercise her knee and leg and she moved about the house. I helped her ice her knee in both the morning and afternoon and she was doing better in the afternoon, especially after getting some sleep during the day. The Deke visited Christy in the evening and reported that Christy seemed to be doing pretty well. Christy has three PT sessions this week and if she's had any kind of setback, I hope these sessions will help her resume her progress.

2. I had a slow day. I napped twice. I survived Alexa's outage. I tried to avoid the heat and our house stayed pretty cool. I'm very pleased with how cool our emerging TV room stays during these hot days.

3. It being such a lazy day in the present, I daydreamed today about things in the past. Our walk through the ancient cedar grove on Saturday and seeing fallen trees crisscrossed over Eagle Creek took me back to the hikes I used to enjoy in the watershed of the Umpqua River along the N. Umpqua River. The site below Clearwater Falls also featured many fallen old trees crisscrossing the Clearwater River and to remember Clearwater Falls took me back to Watson Falls, no far away, and how much I loved the wild rhododendrons on the trail to the 272-foot waterfall. Before long, I came back to the present, but thoroughly enjoyed my mental trip back in time and place to driving Highway 138 and hiking around the gorgeous waterfalls just off that road.

No comments: