Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 07/09/18: Passport, Shopping Spree, Samsung Chat

1.  The Deke and I climbed in the Sube and motored over to CdA. The Deke had a passport appointment and her paperwork was in order and her passport and passport card will be arriving soon. If/when we go to Canada, we'll be prepared.

2. After we both got a haircut at Supercuts, we dashed to Costco to further furnish our remodeled house. For the first time in fourteen years, we bought a television. We bought a Blu-ray player. We bought a vacuum cleaner. We purchased an immersion blender. We stopped at Fred Meyer and the Deke bought a six-cubed thing to put the television on and to put odds and ends in. I'm not much of an assembler and the Deke ran into a glitch assembling the six-cube thing so we haven't taken the television out of the box yet. But, Tuesday is another day and the Deke is hoping the assembly difficulty looks less imposing after a good night's sleep, but as a backup, if needed, Shawn can come by and look at it on Wednesday.

3. Charles at Samsung was able to immediately provide me with a link to an online instruction manual to our Blu-ray player via chat. I wanted a manual with more extensive instructions than the small booklet that came in the box, and when I had difficulty finding the manual online via the Samsung website, I requested a chat online with a Samsung support team member and before I knew it, I had the link and I downloaded what I wanted. I do so much better chatting online than I do on the phone and am grateful for every company, from Symantec to Samsung, that provides this feature.

No comments: