Friday, July 20, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 07/19/18: Trip to Mullan, TV Set Up, Postmodern Jukebox on Pandora

1.  Today was Carol and Paul's 32nd wedding anniversary and they kicked off celebrating this milestone by riding their bikes from Mullan to Kellogg. They needed a ride up to Mullan and so they loaded up their bikes in Everett's pickup, the three of us piled in, and I drove them to Mullan. I don't remember the last time I was in Mullan, so after I dropped Carol and Paul off at the trailhead of the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes, I toured Mullan for a while, reminding myself where the Mullan Athletic Pavilion is located, locating the Corner Bar and Outlaw Bar and Grill, and winding my way around a residential area, admiring the beauty of town of Mullan and its surroundings.

2. After a trip to the Shoshone County Transfer Station to relieve ours and Christy and Everett's households of cardboard and other odds and ends that were lying around, I returned home and slowly, carefully, and surely took our new television out of the box and took my sweet time, with the help of the Deke, getting the television set up physically and wirelessly. I am gaining an understanding of what kinds of programming is available, loaded into the television itself, and, on Friday, I'll connect the Blu Ray player and the Fire Stick.

3. The Deke and I sauntered through the row of booths at the Farmers' Market and slipped into the beer garden and enjoyed a beer and a bratwurst. It had been hot during the day, but by the time we sat in some shade on a picnic table to enjoy our beer and food, a refreshing breeze kicked up and we had a pleasant dinner. Then we headed over to the Hill St. Depot for drinks and some excellent conversation. When we returned home, I cranked up my new favorite Pandora station, Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox and listened to a number of songs by various artists sung and performed in vintage jazzy and swing styles. It's like Jack White and Blondie meet Louis Armstrong, Glenn Miller, Teresa Brewer, and the Andrews Sisters. This station plays scintillating music.

No comments: