Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 01/22/19: Initial Surgery Prep, Walking for a Blood Draw, Villanova and Renal Friendly Dinner

1. I called the North Idaho Eye Institute and Kim helped get me squared away for what I will need to have ready when I arrive for surgery on Feb. 4, how to prepare for it, what to wear, where to go in the building, when I can drive a car (and can't), and what to expect afterward. I think I understand it all. 

2. I drove the Sube over to the City Park and walked west on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes to just beyond the community garden plots. I walked up the paved trail on the hill that goes from the trail to the back of the Staff House Museum and headed east to the medical clinic. Tracy (the best) drew my monthly vial of blood to send to Baltimore and I walked back down the hill toward Hill Street and north to Yoke's to pick up a few vegetables and a box of Grape Nuts. Christy was also at the store! I packed my few items into my back pack and headed south back to where the car was parked. I didn't walk a ton of steps, but I got in close to 3000 and walked over a mile. It was enough walking, if nothing else, to make me tired and all but guarantee me the deep sleep that is one of my rewards for walking.

3. Back home, I flipped on the Villanova and Butler basketball game and marveled at how much Villanova has improved since I saw them play for the first time this season just twenty days ago. Right now, I can't get enough of watching St. John's, Villanova, Michigan State, and Gonzaga. Villanova defeated Butler, in Indianapolis, 80=72.

After the game, I fixed myself roasted cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, and cauliflower and ate a bowl of leftover carrot and ginger soup. My kidneys thanked me eating such a kidney friendly meal, especially after I gave them an animal protein workout when I ate that juicy mammoth burger yesterday at Country Lane River Resort!

No comments: