Friday, May 1, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 04/30/20: Elk on Mt. Wellness, Back to the Clinic Routine, Dinner BONUS A Limerick by Stu

1. I enjoyed one of my better hikes up Mt. Wellness this morning. Two hefty elk appeared above me and I enjoyed watching them placidly munch on the hill's vegetation and slowly drift out of sight a little later. I took fewer standing rest stops to catch my breath, didn't have to sit on either bench on the trail to rest, and could feel my legs continue to strengthen.

2. I hadn't visited Mountain Health Care uptown since January. Until last week, I was inactive on the transplant list and I postponed my April appointment with my kidney doctor. Now I see him next Wednesday. Today I went to the clinic to have blood drawn for my kidney appointment next week and I got a Hepatitis B vaccination, the first of two or three. I'll get the next one at the end of May. This vaccination is in support of a possible transplant and is necessary should I go on dialysis. Soon, I'll go to the hospital and resume having a monthly blood draw taken and sent to the transplant program in Spokane.

3. Back home, I enjoyed another one of Debbie's awesome green salads, sweetened up with chopped apples, and the delicious tomato, onion, garlic, roasted eggplant, and white bean mixture she fixed, served over quinoa.

Here's Stu's limerick today:

There are words you don't use for a rhyme.
Like "forehead" is not thought sublime.
Nor "purple" a choice,
Won't give "boxer" much voice.
And "Orange" not one single time.


No comments: