Friday, September 11, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 09/10/20: Lab Work, Errands, Dinner Salad BONUS A Limerick by Stu

 1. I drank a bunch of water and went to the clinic uptown to have lab work done in preparation for next week's appointment with Dr. Bieber, nephrologist. Now some tension begins to build. Because I can't tell anything, at this point, about how my kidneys are functioning by how I feel, I'm never at all sure what to expect to learn when my blood work comes back. I do my best to busy myself, occupy my mind with other things, but I always experience low grade anxiety as I await the lab results. 

2.  I took care of a couple of things that I've been slow to get to. Debbie left behind some things to be donated to St. Vincent de Paul's and I took care of that and I got a package ready to send Debbie in New York. Then I dropped it. The box tore apart. I tried to repair it and my efforts were futile. The box was a goner.  In the afternoon, Christy told me she had some boxes out by her wood pile. I found one, packed up Debbie's things again, and I'll mail it Friday morning. 

3. I had fun making myself a salad for dinner. In the bottom of the salad bowl I combined some avocado oil with pomegranate balsamic vinegar. I added garlic salt and oregano along with feta cheese, Kalamata olives, green onion, the juice of half a lemon, and some fairly finely chopped celery. I mixed this all together and then chopped up some Romaine lettuce, added it to the bowl, mixed it all up (I guess I tossed it) and it was both delicious with its complex of flavors and filling. 


Here's a limerick by Stu:



You would think that this is the day.
That anger and hate could belay.
We we're all parts of the whole,
With a share common goal.
A fair shot in the US of A!


No comments: