Sunday, September 27, 2020

Three Beautiful Things 09/26/20: Curry Kitchen, Patience, Oldman Will Wait BONUS A Limerick by Stu

 1. I messed around quite a bit in the kitchen today, trying to teach myself more about making Indian curry.  I heated up the chicken and the braise I made on Friday. I separated the meat from the liquid and ran the liquid through the fat separator. I put a bunch of the chicken pieces back in the refrigerator and combined the other pieces with the "fat free" braise, added more curry powder, and blended in about as much heavy whipped cream as felt right. I also added a couple of dried kaffir leaves and a small amount of cayenne pepper. 

This curry was turning into kind of a hybrid, I think, and I liked that. I fixed myself some jasmine rice and poured the sauce over it.

The curry tasted mild and creamy. My inexperience with curry powder stood out. I think this sauce needed more. I enjoyed my dinner, but I am confident that I can do better and look forward to playing with this more.

2. I'm in the midst of a small unfinished transaction with a multi-national software conglomerate. I started this transaction on Wednesday. Today, I checked up on it.  I had a short online chat with one of the corporation's agents who was eager to be of help.  My case has gone to the "senior level" and, the agent assured me, will be acted on soon. I just wanted to make sure it hadn't been lost, so that news was a relief and the agent thanked me for being so calm and patient. I'm glad my typing to him in the chat box came off that way. It's honestly exactly how I felt. 

3.  I retired to the Vizio room. I thought I'd watch a movie. I was in the mood to relive one of the independent movies from the 1980s I enjoyed so much -- something like Mona Lisa or My Beautiful Laundrette. I looked up Sid and Nancy and discovered it is not available to stream, so I looked into some other Gary Oldman movies. It was down to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Darkest Hour when suddenly a wave of sleepiness came over me. I'd had a spotty night on Friday night -- sinus pressure presenting itself as a toothache had kept me awake (it settled down once I was up and around on Saturday - I've had this happen before). I decided movies would have to wait and I crawled into bed and not only enjoyed completing an acrostic puzzle, but, thank goodness, a welcome night of peaceful, comfortable sleep. 


Here's a limerick by Stu:

If you’re browsing online there’s a spotta. 
That says if you’ve got one you outta. 
Know this month be Septembah, 
So, the 4th Sunday remembah 
To take time to honnah your Daughtah. 


 And I do...Happy Daughter’s Day Aynslee...Love You

No comments: