Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 05/11/2021: Outing with Ed and Stu, Party at Christy's!, Tree House Concert

1. I blasted out to Ed's house and we piled into his car and rocketed over the hill to Post Falls and met Stu at the Corner Cafe for breakfast. We had a great time yakkin' and I enjoyed my very simple fare: a waffle, two eggs over medium, and two link sausages. After breakfast, we vaulted into the mountains near the Idaho/Washington border to the log house where Stu lives and surveyed some new development going on up there and Ed and I hopped into Stu's side by side and followed him up some undeveloped roads to a chunk of property Stu and a couple other guys invested in. The property, to me, at least, seemed up pretty high and I enjoyed the view, starting at Liberty Lake and extending all the way west to Spokane. 

2. Around five o'clock, Christy hosted a party for her, me, Paul, and Carol. We drank some sparkling wine to toast her new sectional sofa, refrigerator, and stove and Christy told us about other works she's been doing around the house. After a while, we turned our attention to planning for Everett's Celebration of Life on June 19th. I left thinking the plans were coming together beautifully, but, even more important, I think Christy has envisioned a service that will be a beautiful and most fitting tribute to Everett. We also started to nail down some details for the reception to follow over at Carol and Paul's house and those details also seemed to be coming together. As someone who is a part of this effort, I'm really happy that we are doing all this work at the "first" minute, not the last!

3. Bill Davie performed another splendid Tree House Concert tonight. One of the facts about the way he experiences MS is that playing his guitar is more difficult when the weather warms up. Now that it's May and getting warmer, Bill told us he was going was going to do his best to make it through and I thought his playing and singing were awesome. I also enjoyed that early on in the concert, Debbie made a comment. It would have been after 10:00 EST in New York and I don't know if she was able to listen to the entire concert, but I liked knowing we were in the Tree House's virtual audience together. 

No comments: