Sunday, May 30, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 05/28/2021: Pre-Flight Aimlessness, Relaxing with Salami, Easy Airport Time

1.  I decided not to stay in Spokane Friday night before boarding my 6:00 a.m. flight to Seattle and then Newark, so I spent much of today wandering around the house, tidying up, cleaning up, trying not to forget anything, and trying to calculate when to leave the house for the airport and whether I wanted to sleep before I left. 

2. I was unusually nervous about this trip and to calm my nerves I turned to eating sandwiches made with Oscar Meyer salami, Cracker Barrel cheese, and mustard on Dave's Killer 12 Seed Bread accompanied by handfuls of Lay's Classic potato chips, and can after can of Coca-Cola minis. I realize it probably would have been healthier to calm down with yoga or Transcendental Meditation, but these sandwiches, chips, and cola really did the job. 

Tums helped, too.

3. Around 10 p.m., I decided to nap and slept off and on until about 1 a.m. Somehow, this was the perfect amount of sleep and, coupled with a shower, left me feeling refreshed and I was alert on my easy drive to the airport. I arrived shortly before 4 a.m., was the first person served by the baggage person at the Alaska counter and I flew through TSA in no time flat. 

I love getting to airports early and, since Starbucks was not serving salami and cheese sandwiches with potato chips, I bought a coffee, sat down, relaxed, and waited to board my flight. 

No comments: