Friday, May 28, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 05/27/2021: Quick Shopping Trip, Rotini and Beans, Bacon and Eggs and Beans

1. I decided I needed some short sleeved shirts and shorts for my trip. I buzzed over to CdA and did some quick shopping at Kohl's and Fred Meyer and came straight home. No breakfast. No beer. No lunch. I just wanted to get this task completed and return home and continue preparing for my trip.

2. Years ago I was in Cincinnati and was staying near a Skyline Chili. I regret that I didn't try Skyline myself after our hosts told us they thought chili on pasta was weird. I've never been back to Cincinnati, but have since heard other people rave about Skyline Chili.

Oh, well. No problem. 

I bring this up because tonight I had some rotini in a bag and some of the beans around that I had prepared for Monday's family dinner.

I thought, well, why not try boiling up the rotini, covering it with my baked beans, and topping it with Parmesan cheese. 

I really liked it. I admit, it wasn't really anything close to what I've heard and read about Skyline's chili, but without knowing about Skyline, I don't think I would have imagined this combination.

3. Now that I think about it, I thoroughly enjoyed how I ate those leftover beans. Both today and yesterday I fixed myself a breakfast that was, to me, a variation on a breakfast entree I ate in England many years ago. I fried some bacon, fried a couple of eggs, and served myself baked beans warmed up with the bacon and eggs. I also brewed myself a cup of black tea. I admit, it wasn't exactly like the breakfasts of a banger, beans, eggs, and toast I'd eaten in England, it was a fun approximation. 

No comments: