Friday, May 21, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 05/20/2021: Wind and Pressure, Chores and Shopping, Cracked

 1. The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort in South Carolina hosts this year's PGA Championship and I kept an eye on much of the action today. It's fun watching the players navigate the course's length, design, and weather conditions, particularly the wind. It's inevitable that every single player in this tournament will hit stray shots, whether off the tee or into the greens. The players who score the best will be deft and creative at hitting tricky shots and, will, in the face of the tournament's pressure, the pressure of the elements, and the mental strain of frustration, maintain their composure. 

2. I took breaks from the golf tournament and continued working on domestic chores. I finished my laundry, put clean sheets on my bed, did some minor rearranging in the kitchen to create more counter space, and shopped at Yoke's, mainly for items I'll need to complete my assignment for Monday's family dinner. It will be an expanded version. The Vergobbi siblings will be in town and will join us Monday evening, along with a couple of spouses, a family friend, and possibly a couple of the adult children. 

3. I informed dvd.com/Netflix that the disc the company sent me of the documentary Visions of Light was cracked and wouldn't play. I'll send it back and hope a replacement comes before long. I used to own this movie, but gave it away when we moved to Maryland and I was eager to see it again. The movie profiles several cinematographers and is a beautiful study of photography in movie making. It's getting to be an older movie, having been released in 1992. I'd love to see this movie updated one day. But, for now, it's thrilling to look back at the artistry of these cinematographers and I hope the Netflix/dvd.com company has a disc available to send me that isn't busted! 

No comments: