Thursday, May 27, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 05/26/2021: Organizing, Cleaning, Cinematography

 1. I'm flying out of Spokane Saturday morning and today I started my nervous process of getting myself ready to go, trying to make sure I remember to take what I want and figuring out ways to occupy myself in the airport and on the plane. Read? Audio book? Podcasts? And, what do I need to shop for?

2. I like coming home to a clean house and so I started working on that, too. The other day I read a comment from someone who noted that now that they are older, it takes about twice as long to do household chores as it used to. I guess I was relieved to find out it wasn't just me. It seems like housework takes me forever these days, so that's why I got a jump on it today.

3. I'll send the dvd, Visions of Light, back to Netflix just before I head to Spokane, but, in the meantime, I will just keep watching it. I played it for about a half an hour before I went to sleep last night, savoring each of the segments on the cinematography of movies like The Grapes of Wrath, Citizen Kane, and Mildred Pierce and other film noir works.  

No comments: