Friday, August 13, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 08/12/2021: Keeping Luna and Copper Happy, Books in Place, Phone Whiskey

1. It may not seem that beautiful to you, whoever is reading this, but, for Copper, Luna, and me, it's a beautiful thing when I empty out and dispose the old litter out of their pans, wash out the pans, and replace the old litter with new. I got that job done today and crossed my fingers that Copper and Luna would accept the litter I purchased today. Yoke's didn't have the litter I've used for several months. I bought a different kind. So far, though, so good. I found evidence later in the pan that one or both of the cats found the new stuff to be just fine.

2. The bookshelf in the living room is now restocked and, to my astonishment, I think I had room for every book I want to have close by. I'm sending a few books out the door and returning some books that belong to Carol. I'm maybe just a little bit too giddy that this reshelfing project has worked out so well. Now I have some shelf organizing to do in the Vizio room. Given the pace I've been working at, that should only take me about ten days!

3. For much of the time Debbie has been in New York, we've talked to each other about once or twice a week. That's changed. I like it. We are on the phone more frequently.  Tonight, once again, we had another good conversation and cocktail. Debbie stayed with gin. Today I had bought a bottle of small batch Trail's End Straight Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey aged in Oregon oak barrels. I wanted to make my drink last and I wanted to decrease its alcohol level a bit, so I didn't drink it neat, but enjoyed it over ice with some water. I'll drink some of this neat very soon. 

No comments: