Thursday, August 19, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 08/18/2021: A Little Packing, Green Curry, Fresh Bedding

1. I realize the announcement that we in north Kellogg live in the Level I evacuation zone is precautionary. All the same, I started packing a suitcase and thought more about other things I'd put in the Sube if conditions worsen and we moved up to Level II. 

2. It was cooler in Kellogg today and so I decided to prepare a favorite meal that required a bit longer time cooking on the stovetop. I made myself a green Thai curry with onion and eggplant and served it over jasmine rice. I've been yearning for the sweet, spicy, lime-y taste of this curry for much of the summer and it was a real pleasure today.

3. I added another very simple pleasure to my day: I put fresh sheets on the bed. Yes, I had to leave those fresh sheets a few times because Luna insisted on food and Copper wanted to go outside, but, for the most part, I slept blissfully. 

No comments: