Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 08/23/2021: Luna Undercover, Hugh Drops By, Good Fortune at Radio Brewing

1.  Even though the nights are cooling down significantly, when I went to bed Sunday night, I turned the window fans on low just because it felt a little bit stuffy in the bedroom.

Having the night air come into the bedroom cooled things off considerably and it had been many months since the bedroom had been chilly.

Well, Luna noticed.

I don't know what time in the morning it was, but she began to lightly paw my face. Usually it's her way of wanting me to get up out of bed and feed her some wet food in the kitchen.

Not this time.

Luna wanted under the covers.

Then it came back to me. Back in the early days of Luna's residence here in the house, back in February and March, Luna loved me to lift the covers so she could crawl deeper into the bed and sleep right next to me.

It looks like those days are back and I'm really glad.

2. About a week ago, Hugh Crozier messaged me that he and Marc Sorenson would be in town to pick up some huckleberries from a friend and he hoped we could get together.

I managed to shoehorn him in, despite my busy busy schedule (ha!) and, late this afternoon, he came by the house and we fell into easy conversation about a wide range of things. Until December of 2019, Hugh and I hadn't seen each other since the summer of 1966 as he finished out the Little League season before moving to the Seattle area. 

Thanks, though, to Facebook, we got back in touch, met up in Spokane in 2019 and then, about a year ago, Hugh and Carol (his wife) and Stu joined us for family dinner out on the back deck of my house. 

3. After we'd yakked for about an hour, we decided to head up to Radio Brewing for some beer and food. Upon arriving, we saw that Marc had caught up with Jay H. They were at the bar. Hugh and I grabbed a table. Hugh ordered a flight of beers and I ordered a pint of a German lager, a guest tap at Radio.

We continued talking about all sorts of things, each ordered a Korean rice bowl, and, after a while, Jay had to split and Marc joined us at our table and conversation reached a new level of excellence! Radio Brewing closes at 9:00 and at around 9:20 as employees were cleaning, arranging chairs and tables, we suddenly realized that for we were actually closing down a bar! Although it was quite like our younger days of closing a bar down at one or two in the morning, we had fun acting like we were young again and were closing this place down. 

What a great evening. 

Sure, we talked about the old days in Kellogg, but we talked about more current things, too. 

I'm feeling fortunate. Last Thursday I had a great time eating and drinking a few beers with Stu, Lars, Byrdman, and Freddy and tonight I got to do the same with Marc and Hugh. Sunday I had an awesome family dinner with Christy, Paul, and Carol. Earlier on Sunday I enjoyed a superb discussion with Bill, Diane, and Bridgit on ZOOM.  I mean everything in my life and in the big world  is not exactly as I might wish it were, but it sure makes these times of grace, light, and mirth with friends and family all the more special when we can get together, in person or online, and make them happen. 


No comments: