Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 08/24/2021: Flat Day, Purring on My Chest, Puzzle Success

 1. I've maintained really good energy and stayed on an even keel for many months now. 

Today, however, I felt flat. I wasn't depressed. I know all too well what the dark days of depression feel like -- and it's been twelve years since I've experienced that, thank God. But for the first time, I'd say, since about January of 2019, I just didn't have much oomph today and I was a bit listless.

What caused this flatness?

Nothing.

At least nothing I can pinpoint.

I'm much less concerned with the cause (as if there were a cause), though, than I am with doing what I can to snap out of it.

I'll report back tomorrow.

2.  On a kind of flat day like today, when, as is her frequent habit,  Luna attaches herself to my chest and goes into deep purring, it's a comfort.

3. I texted Debbie around 6:30 and told her I didn't feel like being on the phone. Instead, for the first time in months, I got out my book of American Ingenuity acrostic puzzles and worked a puzzle. It turned out to be a quotation about the history of corn flakes and it had the name "Kellogg" in it twice as well as "Battle Creek, Michigan". I successfully completed the puzzle, felt like I'd sort of accomplished something today, and called it a night. 

No comments: