Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Three Beautiful Things 08/09/2021: Salmon and a Heating Pad, More Dream Talkin', Two Hours of *Dark Side of the Moon*

 1. Once in a while, my right lower back seizes up. It doesn't immobilize me, but I walk around like Grandpa McCoy (Walter Brennan) and it somewhat limits what I can do around the house. Heat seems to help relax my back and, while I read more about the poor health of Pacific Northwest rivers, wild salmon habitat, and the industrial attempts (mostly hatcheries and fish farms) by humans to keep waterways stocked with human raised salmon, I kept a heating pad pressed against the offended area of my back and that gave me some relief.

2. Debbie and I had another good dream conversation on the phone regarding things we might do once we live together again. It's fun to put possibilities out in front of each other -- and who knows what will actually happen?

3. Instead of watching a drama in the Vizio room tonight, I watched a Classic Album episode and a second hour long program on Prime Video, both focused on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. That album gets better and better each time I listen to it and listening to the band members talk about it increased my enjoyment even more. 

Listening to the band talk about Clare Torry's vocal performance on "Great Gig in the Sky" and, in the second program, listing to Clare Torry be interviewed about her experience in the studio, led me to call up the Alan Parsons Project album, Eve (1979) on YouTube and listen to Clare Torry sing the lead vocal on the track "Don't Hold Back".  I loved her work on that song long before I began to pay attention to Pink Floyd and long, long before I realized that Clare Torry sang on both Dark Side of the Moon and Eve

No comments: