Thursday, May 5, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 05-04-2022: Talking With Rita, Error on the Reunion Registration Form, The Red Curry Was Awesome

1. Rita, my longtime friend and one time fellow team teacher called me this morning. She's had a couple of medical emergencies recently. She's back home now. She wanted to let me know what had happened and wanted to talk about other things we enjoy discussing. We talked for over ninety minutes about medical care, family, programs showing on PBS, the glassware she gave our family to enjoy at our family dinners, and a host of other things. This has been a very rough stretch for Rita. Please join me in hoping and praying that her condition improves. 

2. Today Sharon contacted me to tell me she noticed that our reunion registration form instructed people to send their completed form to Riverside Drive, but it should have said Riverview Drive -- a most understandable error. None of us on the committee caught it before the forms went out. I spent about an hour or so on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and on email sending out messages about the error and asking people to please send their registration to Riverview Dr (not Riverside Dr). The good news is that while some people had already sent in their forms to the wrong address, the postal service delivered at least a few of those to the correct address. I know of at least two more mailings that we are eager to find out about. We hope those, too, will get to the right address! 

3. I made about a ton of jasmine rice today. I love having rice on hand and love to combine rice with all sorts of other things like eggs, beans, vegetables to make stir fry, to name a few examples. Today I remembered I had one can of coconut milk in the basement. I heated up some red curry paste and added the coconut milk to it. Into this mixture I added white onion, fresh broccoli, frozen green beans, and some chopped baby Yukon potatoes. I seasoned this curry with fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and and dried kaffir lime leaves. Within a half an hour, I had a bowl full of vegetable red curry over jasmine rice and it was awesome. 

No comments: