Thursday, May 26, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 05-25-2022: More Home Improvement, Red Curry for Dinner, Packing and Trying to Quiet My Agitation

 1. Our latest home improvement project moved forward today when Ron D. fixed the small problems in our sprinkler system and submitted a bid to build a cover for our patio area, which we accepted.

2. I had a blast cutting up Yukon golds, zucchini, red pepper, broccoli, and cilantro and adding it to a red curry sauce seasoned with lime Kaffir leaves. I thought my original sauce had too much heat so I diluted it a bit with chicken broth. Debbie added peanut butter to her sauce. We were both very happy with this curry sauce served over jasmine rice.

3. I packed my suitcase for my trip to SeaTac where I'll drop off Mike and Ed. They fly to Iceland on 05-26. I think I got everything I'll need ready to go. 

I also tried to settle down my agitated inward life. It helped to stop reading the news. I needed a break from it. It also helped to look into Copper's face and into Luna's. Their souls are free of the agitation I feel about the terrible things we humans do to one another. 

No comments: