Monday, May 30, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 05-29-2022: Resting, ZOOMing with Bill and Diane, Memory Lane at Radio Brewing

1. I have emails to respond to, others to write, a couple of projects to get going on, but I put that off today. I rested. The trip to the Seattle area on Thurs-Sat was awesome. I loved putting out the effort and energy to drive Ed and Mike over and to spend great hours with Hugh, Carol, Mark, Bill, Diane, and Colette. I loved driving home and listening to listeners' selections of songs on Sirius XM. Today, though, I rested.

2. It was a lot of fun today to talk with Bill and Diane again -- this time on ZOOM. Val, Colette, and Bridgit were occupied with other family and social activities, so Bill, Diane, and I settled into great conversation, mostly about plays. They subscribe to England's National Theater at Home and have watched some superb productions and not only did we talk about them, but Diane played highlights from some of them. I enjoyed seeing the clip she played from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and especially enjoyed remembering back to when I was in the cast of that play back in 1995 and also when I saw it performed at the Young Vic in London in 1975. Within myself, I thought a lot about Tom Stoppard, realized I hadn't paid much attention to his plays or screenplays for a while, and have been trying to sort out which of his plays and other works I've seen over the years. 

Bill, Diane, and I had to the good fortune of spending nearly eight hours relaxing, talking, listening to music, eating Diane's superb cooking, discussing plays and poetry, and simply enjoying one another's company on Friday and again today. 

We hadn't been together in person since May, 2014 when we had a most memorable time together in La Push, WA -- and Bridgit joined us one evening. We almost pulled off a Basementeer get together on Saturday, but had to let it go. I hope we'll figure out a way to pull one off successfully much sooner than later.

3. Debbie and I waltzed into Radio Brewing late this afternoon. I tried out Radio's Japanese Lager and found it refreshing and I ordered a Mediterranean Gyro Salad. Debbie tried their Calamari Cabbage Salad and enjoyed a couple glasses of wine. I just don't get to Radio Brewing the way I used to and it was fun to be back in there again and do what I always seem to do --- that is, think about great times I've had in the past at Radio with friends and family, in happy times and sad ones, with fun people who worked there and  have moved on to other jobs, and times I've gone in alone just to relax and enjoy a beer and a snack. 


No comments: