Thursday, December 15, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 12-14-2022: Felt Good to Feel Good, Tomato Soup, Dustin Hoffman Interview

1. I will never enjoy shoveling snow, but if I have to do it, I sure prefer shoveling when I feel energetic, when I don't feel sick. We woke up today to a fresh snowfall and I felt no hesitation about shoveling our walks because I felt pretty great and once I got to work I wasn't besieged by fits of coughing and I wasn't blowing my nose every couple of minutes. I finished, returned to the house, and almost flexed my biceps like Mighty Mouse, but instead I just smiled and sat down and rested for a while.

2. I bought a couple of boxes of tomato soup today and heated up one of them and enjoyed it with saltine crackers. If the makers of this soup would just remove the cane sugar and about half the sodium from this soup, it would be perfect. But, I admit, imperfect as the soup was, it hit the spot and I'm glad I went for it.

 3. Much better this evening than watching UCLA totally dominate Maryland right down the road from where we used to live in Greenbelt was listening to a Criterion Channel videotaped interview with Dustin Hoffman talking about acting, himself as an actor, and the movie Tootsie. Debbie listened, too, and we had a talk afterward about men and women in movies that was fun and thoughtful and that I could see continuing in future conversations.

No comments: