Friday, December 9, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 12-08-2022: Stubborn Bug, Great Leftovers, I Go On Strike for a Day

1. I know I'm at the end of this illness I've had for nearly two weeks, but, as I've experienced over the years, the infection is stubborn and while I felt well enough to get some things done around the house today, I also fell asleep every time I sat down to take a rest.

2. Debbie added black beans to the sauce I made yesterday and she cooked up some spaghetti and I enjoyed this transforming of leftovers a lot. My appetite is diminished, but it makes me think it's a good idea to be eating food in small portions. My digestive system has been much more comfortable.

3. It is a small thing, but it's about all I could do. I supported the employee walk out at the New York Times today by not playing Wordle. Employees at the Times sent out pleas on Twitter asking NYTimes subscribers, like me, not to cross the digital picket line. I figured it was the least I could do.  

No comments: