Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 05-09-2023: Debbie Recuperates, Kitchen Cleaned, Bulgogi Beef Stir Fry for Dinner

 1. Debbie tried to make it at work today. She couldn't do it. Wisely, she went to the ER, got checked out, got a prescription, returned home, and slept many hours today. I was relieved that she didn't push herself any longer and stopped everything and enjoyed restorative sleep.

2. Making all that food yesterday meant cleaning up the pots, pans, and utensils I used and taking care of the dishes everyone used at dinner. Fixing the meal was fun and satisfying and getting the kitchen cleaned up also felt really good.

3. I wasn't sure today about Debbie's appetite, but late in the afternoon she said something like, "If some one fixed dinner, I'd enjoy eating it"! 

No problem!

I pulled the bag of ingredients out of the fridge and went to work making HelloFresh's Bulgogi Beef Noodle Stir-Fry with Cabbage, Carrots, Lime, and Scallions. 

I was stoked to make this dinner. I enjoy Korean food a lot and, as a bonus, this meal looked simple to prepare.

All I had to was chop up the scallion, brown the package of ground beef, and stir fry the scallions and packet of shredded carrots and cabbage, and mix up a sauce using a bulgogi sauce, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce (all in packets), and garlic powder. 

I boiled and drained the noodles and combined all of these things together and served Debbie and me each a bowl of delicious food. 


No comments: