Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 05-30-2023: Giving Luna Pills, Ravioli Dinner, Nana Gets Kidnapped

1. It's that time in Luna's life that the veterinarian recommends monitoring her thyroid and kidney levels. For a few years we've been keeping an eye on her glucose levels in case her one brief bout with diabetes flares up again.

Luna has hyperthyroidism. Today I purchased medicine for her -- well, pills. I broke each of the pills in half and she'll take a half pill every 12 hours. 

Consequently, I began watching instructional videos on how to give a cat a pill without help from another person. 

My hope was that because Luna attaches her self on me or near me any chance she gets, that she might be receptive to me opening her mouth and dropping a little half pill toward the back of her tongue.

She was. 

I'm optimistic.

I think Luna is going to be cooperative and not fight with me when I give her this medicine.

2. This afternoon I thought fixing some spinach stuffed raviolis I have in the freezer would make a good dinner. I did some searching for a white sauce to serve over the ravioli and found a recipe for a simple garlic butter sauce. All I had to do was melt butter in a sauce pan, add minced garlic and some whole wheat flour to the butter, whisk it and cook it, and then add a cup of warmed milk and some basil and oregano. 

Looking back, I wish I had cooked the sauce a bit longer so that it might have thickened a bit more, but, no problem, the sauce and the raviolis made for a tasty and simple dinner.

3. It didn't get him reinstated onto the police force, but Adrian Monk did some nifty detective work this evening as he investigated the kidnapping of a law student's grandmother. 

No comments: