Monday, June 24, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 06-23-2024: Quick Grocery Pick Up, Fun Sunday Puzzle, Cube Steak and Eggs

1. I roared out to Walmart, use their app to communicate my parking slot number, and almost instantly an employee brought my grocery order to the car and now I am stocked up on protein, shredded wheat, produce, and wet cat food. I'm happy. Copper will be happy.

2. I had a fun time figuring out the theme of this week's Sunday NYTimes crossword puzzle. I won't give it away, but once I realized what it was, much of the rest of the puzzle fell into place. 

3. As part of my grocery order, I bought four cube steaks in a pack. I have a thing for cube steaks and fried eggs. Because of my post-transplant situation, I'm not supposed to eat runny eggs, though, so I fried the eggs barely past being over medium. I guess you call them over firm. I missed mixing up the yoke and the cube steak, but it worked out fine. The eggs still tasted really good with the meat. 

No comments: