Sunday, January 11, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 1/11/09: Vaughn Williams, Mozart at St. Mary's, Eagles Are Alive

1. I have one more cd to go: then my entire Ralph Vaughn Williams catalog will be loaded on my Sansa Clip MP3 player.

2. A formidable soprano, whose last name is Rossi, sang a stirring Mozart aria as the postlude at the 11:00 service at St. Mary's today.

3. Fire Andy Reid! Get rid of Donovan McNabb. The Eagles are dead! I hope the fans who want to get rid of Reid and McNabb will wait until after the Super Bowl, just in case they beat the Cardinals and advance to the Super Sunday. I love this story and love it when bitter beer-faced nay-sayers get proved wrong.

1 comment:

myrtle beached whale said...

After they lost to the Cardinals, Andy Reid was asked if he would be back to coach next season. He said he would. That is very optimistic and not his decision. I think he is a good guy but not a very good coach. I don't know how many times this season I saw them first and goal inside the 5 and they crashed into the center of the line three times and kicked a field goal. Terrible and unimaginative play caller. I think another coach who should be gone that isn't is John Fox at Carolina. No one has done less with more. Except maybe Wade Phillips. Another knucklehead. Jeff Fisher would take any of those teams to the Superbowl every year. He wins consistently with very little talent. Kerry freaking Collins for Christ's sake.