Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 01/28/09: Essays, Pepper Laugh, Snug's Growth

1. In Fat Cats and Underdogs this morning, student after student reported on and read from compelling paper after compelling paper they had composed about ethics, solidarity, class stratification, aspirations, class markers, and other concepts we are studying in our class.

2. I opened the door for a couple nearing eighty years old at Carl's, Jr. and once we got in line the man not only told me his age, he said he was going to have a jalapeno burger and we had a good laugh when I told him, "That ought to get your blood flowing!"

3. When Snug and I first started to play ball, he was awkward, uncoordinated, and comic; today I marveled at his grace as he flew off the ground to snatch the ball from the air, his timing perfect, his motion poetic.

2 comments:

Christy Woolum said...

Annie still has that awkward run and try to catch stuff... now Shelby has the timing perfect also. I had a "fog"day and have recovered by tonight so I am ready to face the world tomorrow.

Desert Diva said...

My dog Cali will only play "fetch" about fifty percent of the time - and always when I give her a treat in return for the ball. I wish she liked to "fetch."