Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Three Beautiful Things 01/27/08:Going Deep, Owl, Bill D. at Dover

1. Many of my writing students are seeing the wisdom of seeing the world from a Buddhist perspective as a way of thinking critically and analytically and exhaustively about a subject. It's fun to shift out of traditional ways of thinking and see how we can be enlivened by other ways of understanding reality.

2. Russell told me that his very young son uses the word "owl" when he sees a bird and also when he wants something. We had a good laugh when I said, "Maybe he thinks 'owl' is a way of saying 'I'll' and he's saying 'Owl have that!'".

3. I became Facebook friends with my nephew, Bill. He's studying in Canterbury. When his dad told me he'd be at Canterbury, the first thing I thought was that he'll love the castles of southeast England. Today I saw pictures Bill posted of Dover Castle, and there was Bill and I could tell he was letting his imagination take him centuries back and he was a medieval soldier helping protect his country.

No comments: