Sunday, February 2, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 02/01/14: Back to the Photo Stroll, Kabuki Birthday for Herb, Nightcap

1.  It's been quite a while since Russell and I went on a photo stroll, thanks to my trip to Idaho in December and my stupid foot infection in January.  Today, however, we had a delicious lunch at Pure and then hung around the 5th Street Market area and I took pictures for the first time in nearly two months with my Nikon.  I enjoyed getting back into it and enjoyed having some sunlight and shadows to play around with.  You know, this kind of thing:



2.  Every year at this time, Herb enjoys celebrating his birthday at Kabuki's and a bunch of his friends get together and we sit around a grill and watch a chef come out and put on a show while preparing our food.  The Deke and I both left Kabuki's very happy:  we had a great time seeing Herb and Francoise and we both enjoyed our food more than we ever had at Kabuki's.  Herb looks about 51 years old, but we celebrated his 74th birthday.  It was a lot of fun.

3.  The Deke and I decided we'd have a nightcap at Cornucopia and we sat at the bar, not in the middle of the din of a lively night at Cornucopia and we enjoyed some good conversation and some fun back and forth with Cameron and Justine.  They were good enough to take a minute or two out of their very busy night to have some quick laughs and to wise crack with us.  It made for a good end of a fun evening. 

No comments: