Sunday, February 16, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 02/15/14: Lunch at Pure, IPA and Beauty, Mini-Babes Show

1.  Russell and I had a lot of fun at Pure talking about sports and other stuff and my plate of chicken yakisoba was especially good.

2. The Deke and I visited both Sixteen Tons branches.  The Deke was in search of just the right beer.  I veered off my usual beer path and enjoyed an IPA from Claim 15 and then at Sixteen Tons South, the Deke and I both enjoyed Bonyard's RPM IPA.  I don't know if was just the right beer for the Deke, but I'm telling you, our conversation about music, acting, the Babes with Axes, and beauty was just right. 

3.  As a follow up to our discussion of beauty and the Babes with Axes, the Deke and I treated ourselves to a mini-Babes show in the Subaru on our way home and got fired up listening to "Steal My Key" and "Pay the Price" and raved about the lyrics, tight harmonies, Laura's driving guitar playing, T.R.'s out of sight bass lines, Katie Henry's lovely banjo, and the Deke's creative work on the keyboards.  We could have raved about more, and maybe we did.  What's important?  Beauty.  We immersed ourselves in the beauty of the Babes with Axes' sound.

No comments: