Saturday, June 18, 2016

Sibling Photo Assignment #1: Colors Summer Offers

My siblings and I are going to add a second project to our (usually) written Sibling Assignments by starting to do Sibling Photo Assignments.  For now, Christy will take the lead on giving assignments.Back in the spring, she took a workshop with the Rocky Mountain School of Photography and is going to have Carol and me work on things she learned to work on in her course.

Here is the first assigment:   

Summer Color. Take four pictures that depict summer to you. Focus on color by creating an arrangement of colors that are pleasing to the eye. When done we can compare colors we chose and what stood out in the arrangements taken.

Christy did a photo walk around her house and found much beauty. The pictures are here
Carol took pictures of the beauty of the Tri-Color Birch Tree in her family's backyard. The pictures are here

I went for two photo walks in Washington D. C. today in order to complete this assignment.  First I went to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens and then I went to the National Arboretum. I decided to let these places tell me what arrangement of colors depicts summer for me since my favorite feature of summer is appreciating, and sometimes taking pictures of, the many flowers in bloom. In the last picture I've posted below, you can see that at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, it's early in the blooming season and many buds are scattered throughout the park, giving the place a look weas sociate with spring in other gardens. 











No comments: