Friday, September 1, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 08/31/17: Book Donations, Resting, Wedding Ceremony Ready

1. I buzzed down to the Co-op to pick up a few items and some boxes and, to my delight, a huge box sat near the front of the store. The Greenbelt Elementary PTA is collecting books for a book sale. I brought home the goods I bought, the Deke and I packed up about half a dozen boxes of books we had already set aside to lighten our move to Kellogg, and I drove them back down to the Co-op and dropped them in the box.

2. The Deke left for a couple of hours this afternoon and suddenly I felt a wave of exhaustion. The visits to see Mom at Kindred, Mom passing away, the efforts to move things out of her house, the travel from Kellogg to Greenbelt, preparing Julie and Curtis' wedding ceremony, and the packing the Deke and I have been working on conspired to yell at me to stop. I did. I lay down. Maggie and Charly joined me. I slept.

3.  I packed my suitcase for tomorrow's drive to Huntingdon, PA. After a little bit more editing and after Julie answered a few questions about the ceremony, I am confident that my work is completed. I've had a blast working with Julie through thoughtful and enthusiastic emails to get things right -- the way she and Curtis want them -- and now I will just concentrate on relaxing and enjoying the charge Julie and Curtis have entrusted me with to join their lives together in marriage.

No comments: