Thursday, September 21, 2017

Three Beautiful Things 09/20/17: Hauling All Over the Place, The Plan, Winding Down

1. Twice I piled into the Sube after loading it up with kitchen items and other things and hauled them to the Diazes. After my second trip, I dropped into Home Depot and bought a hand truck to help me haul boxes to be shipped, probably on Thursday. I gave the hand truck a workout when I returned to our apartment home and hauled about ten boxes of belongings and a computer printer to the Sube and buzzed them down to the Goodwill in NE Washington, DC.  We won't transport our new hand truck to Kellogg -- we hope the church we visited on Sunday might find it useful --, but I'm thinking that when we get to Kellogg, I'll buy another one because I don't want to be without one again.

2. We have two more days of electricity in our apartment home, so we are thinking we'll do all we can to get the last bits and pieces of things sorted on Thursday and our boxes shipped to Kellogg, with possibly a straggling box or two going out on Friday. Friday, then, we can vacuum, clean the refrigerator, wipe out our already clean oven, clean corgy nose smudges off the sliding glass door, and do any spot cleaning the carpeting might need.

We should be hitting the road Saturday morning with no exact plan of when we'll arrive in Kellogg. We'll let our driving stamina and Maggie and Charly's tolerance of travel determine how long we take to get to Idaho.

3. Loading. Hauling. Unloading. It's all good, but the temperature was around 90 degrees this afternoon with just enough humidity to make it sticky, so by the time 5 o'clock rolled around, my legs were rubbery, but, good news, my back didn't hurt. The Deke and I deliberated for about three seconds and decided to have a glass of beer at Old Line and, once we arrived, decided to each have a salad. Old Line was quiet and very relaxing and we sat there like a couple of dumbstruck retirees, not much left to say, and gathered ourselves before heading over to the Diazes where the Chinese food we treated the family to was awaiting our arrival.

I ate. I trudged down the basement stairs. I went to sleep early.

No comments: