Monday, June 3, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 06/02/19: Fixing My Friends a Breakfast, Blissful Naps and Golf, Warriors Win

1. This morning I did one of my favorite things of all to do. Saturday night, as Ed left the Lounge to go home, he remarked that he had to work Sunday morning. I responded by saying I'd fix breakfast at 6:00 a.m. Terry agreed and Mike said he'd come -- all the way from Cd'A. So, at 5:00 a.m. I was up and cooking with gas, preparing a breakfast of coffee, German sausage, fried potatoes, eggs, and toast made from Dave's Honey Oats and Flax Killer Bread. I had one mild regret. I do all my cooking on the stove top with two cast iron pans and usually this works fine. This morning, however, I wish I'd had a third pan to use to fry the eggs. I took a swipe at cleaning out the pan I used to fry the sausage, but I did a lousy job and the fried eggs were kind of ugly. I think they tasted all right, but I would have liked them to look better.

2. It turned out that Saturday wiped me out so I'm glad I didn't have anything planned today. I wouldn't change a thing about Saturday, but the combination of hosting a party and being with so many people at Kirk's Celebration of Life and at the Lounge afterward left me spent. So, I took two or three long, blissful naps. I interrupted my sleepy day in the afternoon by watching the leaders of the Memorial golf tournament play the back nine and very much enjoyed Patrick Cantlay's stellar play as he bolted from four shots back to shoot a 64 and win the tournament. In the 44 years of this tournament, Cantlay's 64 was the best score in the final round ever shot by a winner.

3. Later in the early evening, I discovered that I could watch Game 2 of the Warriors/Raptors NBA Final series on my tablet via the ESPN app. I tuned in about half way through the second half and watched the Warriors overcome Steph Curry's illness (he played ill) and injuries to Kevon Looney and Klay Thompson to defeat Toronto 109-104, a victory clinched by an Andre Iguodala dagger in the final seconds.

No comments: