Friday, June 7, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 06/06/19: Washer Shopping, *Aja* Again, *Luther* Quandary

1. I enjoyed my afternoon trip out to look at washing machines and am 97.93% certain I'll buy a new machine on Friday. Which one? I've got plenty of info in my head. Game time decision.

2.  One of my favorite 60 minutes of television is watching (repeatedly) the Steely Dan/Aja episode on the old VH1 show Classic Albums. I'll be bold. I think even the person who doesn't particularly like Steely Dan could find the intelligent discussion of music and album making by Walter Becker and Donald Fagen and other musicians fascinating. I watched it on Amazon Prime, but it's also on YouTube right here. (By the way, a small gin and tonic pairs well with Aja on Classic Albums.)

3. I watched the second episode of the first season of Luther. So far, I have a mixed response to this series. I admire Idris Elba's work, but I haven't decided what I think of the plotting of each episode. I'm going to watch another episode and see if the formula I've observed so far continues and decide whether I enjoy it. I also need to experience the Alice Morgan psycho subplot some more and decide if I find it an irritating distraction or a story line I genuinely care about.

No comments: