Monday, January 17, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-16-2022: Solitude, Puzzles, Pacific Bliss from Alesong

 1. I've enjoyed every single friend I've visited and met up with this past week or so. Today, however, I stayed in. I wanted to rest. Debbie would be out seeing friends today.  I wanted to have some time to myself. It worked. It felt right.

2. I worked two acrostic puzzles and I completed today's Wordle. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to Wordle. I enjoy it, though, primarily because no clock is involved. I won't play word games that put me on a timer. Wordle relaxes me because I can take my time, consider possibilities, and eventually, so far, solve the puzzle. 

3. On Saturday, Jeff gave me a 22 oz bottle of Alesong's Pacific Bliss, a Farmhouse Ale aged in French oak barrels. Late this afternoon, I popped it open. As you can see from the picture below, it's a gorgeous beer. It felt like I was pouring champagne as I filled my glass. I loved this beer. It's a grisette, a French/Belgian farmhouse ale brewed with local ingredients for coal miners. It's a light beer, brewed so that a miner could drink some grisette over lunch and still be able to complete the rest of the day's labor. Alesong's Pacific Bliss is flavorful, lemon-y, a touch fruity, and a little bit peppery. It was deeply satisfying, a rare pleasure. Alesong didn't brew a lot of this beer, so I seriously doubt I'll ever drink Pacific Bliss again. That's fine. I'm grateful to Jeff for giving me this bottle.  I'm elated I was able to add to the pleasure and relaxation of this day with such a luxurious ale. 





No comments: