Sunday, January 30, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-29-2022: *The Meadow*, Cafe Mam, Eggplant is Back!

 1. I ventured over half way into the book, The Meadow. It's rare to read a book and find it unlike any other, but that's the case with The Meadow. It's lyrical and non-linear. It doesn't feature a central plot, but is a series of vignettes, told from different points of view, all telling stories about ranch life on the Wyoming-Colorado border over several decades. 

2. It's fun to order coffee straight from roasters and our visit to Eugene inspired me to order a couple of pounds of French roast coffee from Eugene roaster Cafe Mam. The order arrived today. Ordering different coffees is fun and heightens the pleasure of waking up every morning. Sigh. Now if only it were legal in Idaho to order beer online from breweries. (If I'm mistaken about this, please get a hold of me and let me know!)

3.  Debbie roasted a chopped eggplant. I heated up some jasmine rice in sesame oil, added pieces of eggplant, and cracked an egg over it and seasoned it with soy sauce to make a nifty meal that was delicious and satisfying. 

No comments: