Saturday, January 29, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-28-2022: Extended Morning Routine, Starting *The Meadow*, A Tasty Dinner Bowl

1. My so-called morning routine lasted until 2:00 this afternoon. My blog post was a long one and I wrote a longish email to Jeff detailing some of what I enjoyed so much about his radio show (Deadish) Thursday night. As a result of my blog post, I heard from Daniel. He was really pleased that I enjoy his Dylan radio show so much.  I'm hoping our exchange initiates further correspondence between us about his Bob Dylan show and other things on our minds. 

2. I started reading a new book, The Meadow. Jeff gave me his copy when I visited him at his home in Eugene. I didn't make a lot of progress today. The book is, at least in the beginning, a prose poem. Its style of storytelling stands in contrast to The Cold Million. I simply need to adjust my reading brain to the way James Galvin writes. I'm getting there.

3. In Eugene, Debbie bought, among other things, a jar of Vietnamese sauce. It's the most lemongrass forward sauce I've ever eaten. She mixed it with spinach and other things. I made a pot of jasmine rice. I added the sauce to a bowl of rice and mixed in the last of our salmon from Thursday night.  It was a delicious bowl of food, minty and mild, and for some reason moved me to want to follow it up with a mini-can of Coca Cola and it was the perfect way to wrap up dinner. 

No comments: