Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-18-2022: Safe Return to Kellogg, Luna and Copper Are Content, Cheese Club

1. Debbie and I followed our plan and left Anne's house right around 7:00 this morning, stopped at Market of Choice for coffee, scones, and bottled water, and hit the freeway close to 7:30. Our drive to Kellogg was easy about 90% of the time. We hit some fog that hindered visibility and, as our driver, I watched I-90 like a hawk for potholes between Rose Lake and Kellogg -- I had read there were some really bad ones and today, at least, I managed to avoid them. All in all, we were on the road about nine hours.

2. I walked in the door. Copper and Luna were calm and content. I think they enjoyed having the whole ground floor of our house to themselves. Christy, Carol, and Paul took great care of them while we were gone. I'm indescribably grateful. Now Debbie and I are hoping we can train Gibbs to leave Luna and Copper alone so that they can continue to roam in the living room and occupy some favorite living room spots like they could the last two weeks. It won't happen right away, but we'll work at it. 🤞

3. I bought Debbie and three month membership to the Murray's Cheese Club. While we were away, the January shipment arrived. Debbie broke out the Fromager D'Affinois, a soft, creamy white cheese. It struck me as being akin to a brie, but much creamier. We plopped a bit of the cheese on saltine crackers and it was awesome. I could imagine this cheese being really good on a chunk of baguette or on apple or pear slices and with a white wine or champagne. I think this cheese club is going to be really fun over the next couple of months. 

No comments: