Saturday, January 22, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-21-2022: Word Connect, Transformed Sauce, Sparty Defeats Wisconsin

1. I woke up happy that I didn't have anything planned today: no long distance driving, no shopping to catch up on, no dental or medical appointments. I spent way too much time playing, well, and enjoying an online word game called Word Connect. 

2. Debbie added mushrooms, zucchini, red pepper flakes, and cannellini beans to the creamy crab stock tomato sauce I made yesterday. I decided I'd like to use this sauce to make a bowl of something like Cincinnati chili, minus the chopped raw onions. I used Parmesan cheese instead of medium cheddar. I enjoyed Debbie's transformation of the sauce I made poured over spaghetti.

3. I watched this evening's Big 10 tilt between Michigan State and Wisconsin. Both teams came into the game with only one loss in conference play. The winner would occupy first place alone. Before the game started, I learned that Wisconsin's talented Tyler Wahl wouldn't play, thanks to an ankle injury. This was bad news for the Badgers because it opened the way for Michigan State's defense to load up on Wisconsin's terrific Johnny Davis. Not only did the Spartans load up on and frustrate Johnny Davis, they also had their offense revved up. Michigan State defeated Wisconsin emphatically, 86-74. It's turning out to be a wild year in the Big 10 Conference. Maryland defeated Illinois earlier today -- Illinois was playing without their powerful inside man, Kofi Cockburn. He's recovering from a concussion. Purdue lost to Indiana on Thursday. I don't know how anyone could even think they could accurately predict what will happen game to game in this crazy league! 

No comments: