Monday, January 3, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 01-02-2022: Bidding Patrick and Meagan Adieu, Test Driving the Camry, My First Vodka Martini

 1. Meagan and Patrick headed back to Portland today. They updated us frequently on their progress and, aside from snowy conditions that challenged them between Multnomah Falls and Hood River, they experienced clear sailing and arrived home safely. That was great news!

2. I took the Camry out for a fifty mile spin early this afternoon. I'd just had snow tires put on it a week or so ago. I wanted to find out how the Camry feels to me on wintry roads, especially on compact snow and ice. So, I drove to Smelterville and took the old road to Pinehurst and back again all the way into Kellogg. I drove to Wallace and cruised the gut. I returned to the Kellogg-Smelterville-Pinehurst area. I thought the Camry felt pretty good on the current road conditions. It was good to get some practice in. I felt unearned cockiness about driving in wintry conditions forty-five to fifty years ago. That's gone, thank goodness. I now humble when I drive in these conditions. 

3. Until tonight, I'd never tried a vodka martini. With no gin in the house, this evening I stirred myself one with a little lemon juice.  I enjoyed it, but given the choice, I am all but certain I would always choose a gin martini over vodka. 

No comments: