Saturday, April 23, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 04-22-2022: Not You Guys Again!, On the Road, Fried Rice and Potstickers

 1. When I join my buddies for our twice a year trips to the Wildhorse Resort, I always look forward to having a room to myself, a place to relax, and a very comfortable bed to sleep in at night and nap on during the day. So, this morning, I woke up early, refreshed after a comfortable night's sleep. I completed my morning routines. Rested and showered, I met Ed and Mike in the former buffet room for a sit down breakfast. 

Our breakfast server this morning had been our beer server on Wednesday afternoon in the sports bar and when she came to our table, her first words were, "Oh! No! Not you guys again!" We all laughed (as did the couple at the table next to us) and then she informed us that she had seen us back in the bar drinking beers on Thursday afternoon. 

Then her joke became, every time we asked for more coffee or water, "Well, you guys wouldn't need this if you hadn't drank so much yesterday!" 

(We each had two beers, making this grief she was pitching our way even more funny.)

2. Around 11:00 or so, Ed and I thanked Mike for a great time together. Mike headed to Yakima and Ed and I jumped in the Camry and headed for the Silver Valley. The drive was easy -- great visibility, easy traffic patterns, good yakkin'. We stopped at Country Mercantile for a quick pit stop, to buy something to drink (thanks to all that beer on Thursday! Ha! Ha!), and so Ed could purchase some chocolate to take home. We made one more stop in CdA for fuel. I dropped Ed off in Kingston and arrived home ready to rest and take a short nap. 

3. Back home, things were good today. Debbie was relaxing after subbing out at Pinehurst. We started talking in earnest about plans for the month of May. Debbie went uptown and brought home some fried rice and potstickers from Wah Hing. Seeking another night of relaxed and comfortable sleep, now with Luna and Copper, I turned in early. 

No comments: